It would be interesting to compare the results of OpenNLP’s perceptron trained
models, GIS trained models, and a vanilla CRF implementation (i.e. not
specifically trained for a task).  We can make a better decision on if we
should spend the effort to implement a CRF.  Every once in a while we see
people ask “what can I do?”.  Maybe the answer should be… given an
ObjectStream<Event> or DataIndexer, train a CRFModel that extends
AbstractModel.  Your training class must extend AbstractEventTrainer and we
serializable using AbstractModelWriter

Just my 2 cents.
Daniel

    I have good results with perceptron, but +1 for CRF