Hi,

would go for small units and PRs.
Much easier to review, imho.

Gruß 
Richard 

> Am 17.09.2026 um 11:30 schrieb Kristian Rickert <[email protected]>:
> 
> Hi Team,
> 
> I plan to make a controlled set of updates to the DocBook. To avoid
> flooding our communication channels, I propose the following approach:
> 
>   - I have created a single branch for all DocBook updates.
>   <https://github.com/apache/opennlp/tree/OPENNLP-1958-docbook-branch-epic>
>   - We will create a separate examples module specifically for the DocBook
>   examples.
>   - I am currently working out of a branch on my own fork for each chapter
>   (though I am happy to move this to the main repository if preferred).
>   - Each chapter will have a single focused commit that we can submit as a
>   PR.  I just don't want to flood the PR list.
> 
> I can either submit each chapter as an individual PR or combine them into a
> single ongoing branch/PR - whichever the team prefers I have no strong
> feelings about the workflow.
> 
> We will determine how to merge them based on this thread.
> 
> I have no strong feelings on the approach.  I'll defer to the rest of the
> team regarding how you want the updates merged.
> 
> I was an editor for my college paper :) So I promise to edit everything
> well before creating any PR or merging into this branch.  I'll have a
> separate branch per PR in my fork.
> 
> My motivation stems from renaming a class awhile back.  'Twas good
> refactor, but the book example was stale.  Whenever that happens to me on
> the receiving end, I get annoyed.  So I'm fixing it.
> 
> Doc-bearing,
> 
> Kristian

Reply via email to