Hi all,

as you know, we are currently running a split setup between GitHub and Jira. 
Jira is already read-only for regular users and only writable for 
committers/PMC members, while new issues are tracked on GitHub.
This works, but it means two places to look, two places to link from, and some 
confusion for new contributors.

I'd like to propose that we finally complete the move once 3.0.0 is released:

1. Release 3.0.0 as planned, using the current setup.
2. Afterwards, migrate all remaining open Jira tickets (including their 
comments) to GitHub Issues.
3. Make Jira fully read-only / archive the project, so GitHub becomes our 
single issue tracker.

For the migration itself, there are two options:

a) Ask Infra to do it. They recently asked whether anything is still left on 
our side, so this seems like a good moment to take them up on it.
b) Do it ourselves, e.g. with a script against the Jira and GitHub APIs.

Personally, I'd lean towards involving Infra, as they have done such migrations 
before and it saves us effort, but I'm open to either since I think only a low 
level 2digit will be left and AI can do that fast...

What do you think? Any concerns, or anything we should take care of before the 
migration (labels, fix versions, links back to the original Jira issues, etc.)?

Gruß
Richard

Reply via email to