+1 INFRA to do it.  They would be better suited and likely have better
scripts than we would write.

sidenote: there's def really good "nuggets" in there worth doing / have
been done (i.e. OPENNLP-547 + most of the addons I'll make are insipred by
this).

On Fri, Oct 2, 2026 at 12:22 AM Richard Zowalla <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as you know, we are currently running a split setup between GitHub and
> Jira. Jira is already read-only for regular users and only writable for
> committers/PMC members, while new issues are tracked on GitHub.
> This works, but it means two places to look, two places to link from, and
> some confusion for new contributors.
>
> I'd like to propose that we finally complete the move once 3.0.0 is
> released:
>
> 1. Release 3.0.0 as planned, using the current setup.
> 2. Afterwards, migrate all remaining open Jira tickets (including their
> comments) to GitHub Issues.
> 3. Make Jira fully read-only / archive the project, so GitHub becomes our
> single issue tracker.
>
> For the migration itself, there are two options:
>
> a) Ask Infra to do it. They recently asked whether anything is still left
> on our side, so this seems like a good moment to take them up on it.
> b) Do it ourselves, e.g. with a script against the Jira and GitHub APIs.
>
> Personally, I'd lean towards involving Infra, as they have done such
> migrations before and it saves us effort, but I'm open to either since I
> think only a low level 2digit will be left and AI can do that fast...
>
> What do you think? Any concerns, or anything we should take care of before
> the migration (labels, fix versions, links back to the original Jira
> issues, etc.)?
>
> Gruß
> Richard

Reply via email to