On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 08:53:38 -0500
Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 8:20 AM, Keith N. McKenna
> <keith.mcke...@comcast.net> wrote:
> > Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

> >> Well I had indeed not February in mind but when we targeting on end of
> >> March or April we will have more time.
> >>
> >> Maybe we can take first a look on what others have in mind to put in the
> >> next release.
> >>
> >> Juergen
> >>
> > This sounds like a good idea. My concern is that we have enough time to
> > adequately the changes, especially the potential UI changes, and that we
> > address the end of life issues with the 3.x.x line. We do not want to spring
> > possibly major UI changes on end users without adequate warning.
> >

> Is there something users need to do to prepare for UI changes ? ;-)
>
> IMHO, if the changes are a bad idea we should never do them.  But if
> the changes are a good idea then let's get them done, tested and
> released without delay.  Yes, it will be a surprise for many end
> users.  As far as I can tell most users still don't know we've moved
> to Apache either.
>
> -Rob
>
> > Regards
> > Keith

My preference would be that the User should be able to switch between the
traditional interface and the new interface (whatever it mmight be) by setting
some form of switch.  I have no need or desire to learn a new interface just
for the sake of having something trendy; I'm used to what is there and know my
way around it.  On the other hand, I understand that there is a stratum of
Users who must have bells and whistles and skins and all sorts of horrible
frills and colours.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>