Jan,

On 01.11.30 02:19am, janI said:
> Thanks I did not know that LEFT JOIN and JOIN has different speeds on inodb
> tables. I made the fast fix, and split xmaint_uids into smaller tables, and
> is running now.
>
> BUT I am dead nervous of deleting wrong data !! so the review in general
> would be nice.
>
> I have also decided to post the user list here, to give people a chance to
> shout and get removed from the list. There are very little margin for
> errors on our database, and I would not like to cause problems (I think I
> already have used this years allowance).
>
> Thanks for your suggestions, I will implement a couple of your ideas before
> I release the final script.

    Thanks for this tremendous work here.  I'm still fighting with my
class and research project at 3:00am. ^^;

    This server is a virtual machine.  There is a limit to its CPU
power.  And Andrea's suggestion is right.  Join operations actually
creats a big n times m table first and then filter.  That sucks when n
and m are both large.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>