On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 07:57:15AM -0300, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> > It would be even more important to have a detailed description of
> > setting up a new local git repository.

Doing more tests, it turns out that if you use the NEW url to create the
git-svn clone, it will only track the history from joes commit moving
incubator/ooo to top level. I have no idea if this is fixable once
created the clone; so, if you want the previous history, the following
worked:

* use this command to clone from the old url and track all svn
  revisions:

git svn clone  \
 --trunk=https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk \
 --tags=https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/tags \
 --branches=https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/branches \
 --revision 1162288:HEAD   \
 https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk

* use this script to switch to the new url:

http://minimalreadership.blogspot.com.ar/2011/06/svn-switch-for-git-svn-repo.html

There might be a clever way to do these, though these steps work and
preserve commits history:

[ariel@localhost trunk]$ git svn log --oneline
r1415572 | #i121079# jpegsrc-8d was moved to jpeg-8d, not just copied
r1135683 | Create the standard trunk, tags, and branches directory for the

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina