Hi Lee,

On Sat, Dec 08, 2012 at 10:31:14PM +0900, Lee Ward wrote:
> I noticed that there are RPM's available for OpenOffice. Are the SRPMS
> also available?

No, there are no SRPMS, and it doesn't sound plausible. The source is
released only in compressed files:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html#tested-sdk

> I looked around a bit but could not find any.  Specifically, if
> I could get the SRPM intended for the Fedora build would be greatly
> appreciated.

The build are "universal builds", not different builds targeted to
specific Linux distributions. You can download the source tarball, it's
the same for all distros.

If you plan to develop, it's better to check out the code with
subversion (or better git-svn).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile