On 11.12.2012 10:02, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
On 12/10/12 6:29 PM, Herbert Duerr wrote:
As we want more regular snapshots it is interesting to know what
happened to code since the last snapshot.

To get such info automatically I created a python script named
svnlog2info.py [1] which creates a html file for such a revision range.

For the changes in AOO's trunk between 1405864 and 1418409 run
     python svnlog2info.py trunk 1405864 1418409
to get something like
     http://people.apache.org/~hdu/izlist.htm

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/devtools/scripts

I hope this tool is useful for our project.

thanks Herbert, I think it will be very useful when we create our
release notes. Maybe we can tweak the output a little bit to improve the
readability but is secondary ;-)

I have just updated the script to sort and color code the issues addressed in the revision range by their type (FEATURE, ENHANCEMENT, PATCH, DEFECT or TASK) and their priority. I also added a new column with links to the individual commits for each issue.

Please see for an example: http://people.apache.org/~hdu/izlist.htm

To simplify the script I would like to remind all developers to add the
issue number in a common way in the svn logs.

I personally use always:

---
#<issue-number># <short_one_line_description>

Having a reliably parseable issue number in the commit summary is really important for such automated helpers.

To find the issue number the case-insensitive regular expression

"^\s*(?:re)?(?:fix)?\s*(?:for)?\s*(?:bug|issue|problem)?\s*#?i?([1-9][0-9]+)[#: ]" is currently used, which is already complicated enough. If there good reasons why this regexp would need to be extended for handling more kinds of issue references then please speak up now.

Herbert