I use OO on a couple of windows 8 machines (one clean install, one upgrade
from Win 7). I've experienced no problems.

Touch is a problem, as you would imagine it is for most apps designed for
Win7. One of the things MS applcations do is provide a "touch" mode. This
simply puts larger margins around the main interface widgets (all of a
sudden the larger space in the ribbon make sense). Far from perfect but
quite effective.

When doing the UI for 4.0 it might be good to add such a feature.

Sent from my tablet