On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 1:34 PM, RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/12/21 Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
>
> > Forwarding here a discussion from ooo-marketing.
> >
> > Alexandro said it would be nice to have a themed variant of the logo
> > online for the next two weeks, as we have historically done over the
> years,
> > and he provided a "holiday version" of the old logo temporarily available
> > at http://imagebin.org/240155
> >
> > Would it be possible to have a similarly tweaked version of
> > http://www.openoffice.org/**images/AOO_logos/OOo_Website_**v2_copy.png<
> http://www.openoffice.org/images/AOO_logos/OOo_Website_v2_copy.png>
> > to temporarily replace the one on the website?
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Andrea.
> >

> Maybe because I spent several years of my life on the southern hemisphere,
> I always find those winter logos a bit out of place... I'm not against them
> but, is it not possible to do something more "global"? I mean, something
> that do not refers to winter or to a religious festivity... for example,
> what about a calendar turning page? Imagine the AOO logo on two pages, one
> with a "2012" and the other with a "2013" on bottom right, and the first
> one is being turned to show the second.

Every year we have this discussion and eventually end up compliant with a
Christmas theme. You can read that on the archieves.
>From a marketing point of view, I think is just important to do more than
reach to an absolute conclusion, just because is pointless to agree on this
and start doing something in January.
Also I think is pointless to discuss art we don't have. If there is already
an alternative and complete proposal then I think it would make more sense
as long as is before they key dates.

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor