For general information, I have added a new bug 121536, regarding problems
with translations.

The content of the msg text in the source code is non translatable due to
ambiguity.

[xxx] means normally a variable will be inserted here
example: "[Time]" may NOT be translated but "[l]" (for load) should be
translated.

<xxx> means normally XML and should not be translated:
example: "<variable id="jan">hello</variable>" may NOT be translated but
"-p <file>" should be translated.

$xxx means normally a variable will be inserted here
example: "$id" may NOT be translated but "$100" dollar should be translated.

Now try to explain that to our translators, it is easier to change the
source texts !

If nobody objects I will solve this bug, alongside with the oracle changes.
Rgds
Jan I.