On 12/28/2012 07:03 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
Just noticed that we hit the 30 million download mark for AOO 3.4 on
December 22nd.

That is a nice, round number.  Maybe we should do a year end blog
post, summarizing our achievements in 2012?

Any ideas for content?

3.4.0 and 3.4.1 releases, graduation, ApacheCon EU.

Anything else we could highlight?

-Rob

I think highlighting what's included in the upcoming 4.0 release might be good. Or, we might hold up on this and do it in concert with the survey summary (an upcoming blog?)

Given our continued popularity, I think it would be great to blog about some of the "community" improvements -- new committers, new orientation modules, revamping of documentation project, rebirth of L10, improvements in bug tracking, QA, marketing campaign, etc.

Yes, we have a great product, but maybe it's time to highlight this incredible community! :)

MzK

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
                                 -- Aesop