From: Theoderik Orbus [mailto:theode...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2013 11:57
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: typing formulae in writer

I am visually disable. I just spent about 3/4 of an our on the web site
attempting to find an answer to what I think is a simple question.
I have not been able to find instructions in OO or on the web site (or
anywhere else) on how to write subscripts and superscripts for chemical and
mathematical formulae in OO Writer.  I have to say the search was
exceedingly painful, physically, and accomplished nothing. The only reason
I have this e-mail address is it was given to me off line.
What I have tried is going to the "Insert" then "Special Characters" then
"Subscripts and superscripts" and finding none of the numbers i need to use.
I have seen formulae that were imported from other word processors
displayed correctly, but i have been unable to compose them correctly in OO
Writer.
if there is an instruction on how to do this, could you please place it
somewhere where it can be found?
thank you for your time.