Hi,

On 10.01.2013 11:55, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
Hi Oliver-Rainer,

I have finished the renaming from "OpenOffice.org" to "Apache OpenOffice" - see
issue 121388.

Beside corresponding changes in the user interface this change has impact on
the following
important and critical stuff:
- folder/directory names
- package names
- Windows registry key names and values
- ...

As the folder/directory path to the user profile is also changed, the user
profile of a former
installed AOO (or OOo) version is not taken over.
for installation script purposes of add-ons etc., where can one find the
concrete strings for
folder/directory names on the various operating system platforms and the
Windows registry key names
and values?

Unfortunately, there is no single place in the source code. I also had not the resources to clean this up during the renaming work - hint, hint, hint :-)

Please have a look at issue 121388, the wiki page referenced in one of the issue's comments and the intrinsic changes I have made.

The product installation folder is more or less a form of the $PRODUCTNAME + [major version number]. E.g.:
- Windows: "Apache OpenOffice 3"
- Linux: "apache_openoffice3"
On Linux platforms we have also the basis installation folder. It name is found in /main/instsetoo_native/util/openoffice.lst

The user profile folder is more or less $PRODUCTNAME/[major version number]/

The Windows registry keys and values can be found in module main/scp2/

I hope that helps a little bit.

Best regards, Oliver.