Hi harry, probably your printer is not being seen by OpenOffice. Please
select:
File > Printer Setting
Verify that you printer is the one selected, if you are not sure, click on
the back to back trianges to see which one are available. If you cant find
the name of your printer, then you will need further assistance.

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor