2013/1/24 Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 9:13 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile
> <arie...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > It's not enough to remove LO, at least in all previous fedora versions,
> > you have to blacklist lo in /etc/yum.conf with a line
> >
> > exclude=libreoffice*
>
> Sorry for nitpicking. But should this be automated as part of the
> install? maybe show a little dialog saying "we´ve detected that your
> system is configured to use a piece of software that is incompatible
> with AOO. Want the installer to automatically disable it so that AOO
> can install? [Yes/No]"

The problem is not LibO, but the modified LibO version delivered by Fedora.
AOO and the official build of LibO can live together without problems.

But first of all, removing other's software is not a nice action...

> The curse of the Linux world is the "tutorials" that tell users how to
> do things by editing certain files, and installers that, having known
> for years that such manual procedures are required, do not make the
> slightest effort to automate the process.

That's depends on the distro: openSUSE and Mandriva makes those thing quite
easy. I cannot remember the last time I manually edited a config file.

Regards
Ricardo