Hi, Michael:

We are so happy on seeing new coming developers in the AOO community, Thank
you!

To be a developer volunteer, you shall prepare an AOO build environment in
your local and get some AOO technical knowledge and specifications. Such
stuff could be commonly found in the AOO WIKI pages. For example, the build
environment establishment document for different platforms are in here:

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide

And the structural introduction documents for applications could be
retrieved as following:

 For AOO Text Document (named as 'SW' internally):
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Writer
 For AOO Impress (named as 'SD' internally):
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Impress
 For AOO Calc (named as 'SC' internally):
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Calc

And of cause, refer to the new coming developer guide at first:
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-development.html , but as it
is still a draft version, tell the community directly, if there anything
should be clarified, updated or even rewrote.

If you want to engage into the extension development via UNO, you can refer
to the tutorials Alexandro introduced above.

Thank you again, and having fun in this opening world.

ZhengFan
2013-01-25

2013/1/25 Alexandro Colorado <j...@oooes.org>

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 4:58 AM, Pedro Giffuni <p...@apache.org> wrote:
>

> > Hello Michael;
> >
> > There are many interesting things to do with Java: we could use a general
> > update
> > to the code to use generics (I think Eclipse has tools for that) and we
> > have stuff like
> > Lucene that I am pretty sure needs a review to see where we can use the
> new
> > features. hsqldb could also use some tender care: we even have code for
> > review that no one has looked at.
> >
> > You could make a walkthrough SVN to see how the code is distributed and
> > have a try to build it in your platform. I am not going to lie: the code
> > is big
> > and some parts are scary (hey it's C++ !) , but with patience you get to
> > understand enough to make a huge difference.
> >

> I recommend to scan the wiki for development guide, and some C++ snippets
> and tutorials to work with OpenOffice and compile it, there was some cpp
> tutorials.
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Uno/Cpp/Tutorials
>

> > Pedro.
> >

> > >________________________________