Forwarding Fan Zheng's answer (below) to Noryant, who is not subscribed to this mailing list. Andrea

Fan Zheng wrote:
Hi, Noryant:

We are so happy on seeing new coming developers in the AOO community, Thank
you!

To be a developer volunteer, you shall prepare an AOO build environment in
your local and get some AOO technical knowledge and specifications. Such
stuff could be commonly found in the AOO WIKI pages. For example, the build
environment establishment document for different platforms are in here:

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide

And the structural introduction documents for applications could be
retrieved as following:

  For AOO Text Document (named as 'SW' internally):
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Writer
  For AOO Impress (named as 'SD' internally):
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Impress
  For AOO Calc (named as 'SC' internally):
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Calc

And of cause, refer to the new coming developer guide at first:
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-development.html , but as it
is still a draft version, tell the community directly, if there anything
should be clarified, updated or even rewrote.

Thank you again, and having fun in this opening world.

ZhengFan
2013-01-29