http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step
>>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Build_Instructions
>>> I think one of them should be deemed outdated and point at the other ?
>>

>> Good point, I wasn't aware that somebody started that topic on a
different page name anew. The developer who created the new page obviously
wasn't aware of the old page either, else he would/should have updated it,
wouldn't he? Hi Andre ;-)

> No, he would not have.  One is a step by step instruction without much
explanation.
> The other details the general procedure of build AOO, without giving a
command line for every step.

but it still highlight the problem I had in the beginning...our wiki has
really much valuable information, but to an extent it is shadowed by
identical information which are not maintained.

I searched for ubuntu build instruction way back, and as you can imagine
got confused. Thx. to the brilliant help from this list I got it up and
running.

I hope we in the short future can get our wiki a bit streamlined (I am not
thinking about removing information, but simply mark it as outdated, with a
link to the newer information.

> Please see last sentence in
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO#Preface

@herbert regarding buildbot, I can see your point and agree with it.
However I still think we should document exactly how our binary
distributables are made. I have actually not been able to produce an exact
match yet where I have tried. When people want to play with the system it
is nice to have a stable start like rebuilding the release and the same
result.

Jan I