Hello AOO Dev and Marketing Community,

The main subject of this e-mail is to call for an end date to proposals.
In 72hrs (saturday) we will be closing branding proposals.

- - - - -

I am heading up the branding effort for the AOO 4.0 release and we can
unanimously agree the 4.0 release will be a milestone for our community and
users.  For this special release the marketing team is taking on the effort
to giving us a fresh look.

The marketing team is starting to plot deadlines at the same time as the
dev team, the marketing team can't keep proposing ideas forever, we
actually need to do the work to get us there.  Specially because some dev
efforts require assets from our designers.

What does that mean?
- We're picking and choosing. Late submissions might not be considered
(just the nature of "just do it" sorry).
- Eliminating designs we don't like and smoothing and integrating ones we
do like.
- In a week from Saturday we will have a master proposal to present for
lazy consensus. (at least that's the plan)

How can you help?
 - - - - -
- I have design skills! (or I think!)
-> Check out some guidelines and placements of the branding, see children
of this cwiki page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Apache+OpenOffice+4.0+Brand+Refresh+Project
-> Go to our wiki and sketch out some ideas here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.x+-+Logo+Explorations
-> They don't have to be complete or polished ideas, ie. you only have
ideas for icons and only have 2 hours to create the proposal, capture the
main idea but don't worry about detail.
-> Join the marketing mailing list to help us with implementing the final
design: https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/call_for_marketing_volunteers

- I don't have design skills?!
-> Go to our wiki and help us by commenting on designs, DO NOT reply with
comments about design in these mailing lists.
-> There is about 10 pages and they all could use some feedback in the
comments:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Apache+OpenOffice+4.0+Brand+Refresh+Project
-> I will call for any final discussion on Saturday once the deadline has
passed.

If you have any concerns about this process reply here.

Do not reply to this e-mail to talk about designs!  Go to the wiki and add
design comments there!