On 11 March 2013 16:56, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as part of our ip cleanup we remove the cppunit sources and allow the
> system cppunit only. This is sup-optimal and a limitation from my point
> of view.
>
> I looked for an alternative and found GoogleTest [1] which seems to be a
> possible alternative. I don't have time to investigate deeper in this at
> the moment but maybe there is a new volunteer who is interested to
> investigate some time here. I think it's a perfect task to get started
> and play around with some basic modules like cppu etc.

The project I worked with (at work) last year used GoogleTest, combined
with Python scripts and we had a little more than 10.000 unit test cases,
which was tested at the end of every build run, so it works. We had however
a pure C++ environment (apart from some php and js) so that may be a
difference to AOO.

I can really recommend it, and it a good oportunity for a new volunteer. If
nobody takes then I will grap it after I have finished l10n.

rgds
jan I.