On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 6:25 PM, Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>wrote:

> KG02 - see comments inline
>
> On Mar 19, 2013, at 6:11 AM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Kevin Grignon <
> kevingrignon...@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> KG01 - see comments inline.

> >> KG01 - Graham and I set up a LimeSurvey account, which he hosts. I am
> the
> >> tool admin.

> >> KG01 - yes, this more a discussion tool

> >> before
> >>
> >> KG01 - yes, this was our goal when we launched the survey effort last
> >> year. Actually, the survey process is documented in the AOO UX wiki. We
> >> developed the baseline demographic questions which accompany topic
> specific
> >> survey topics.

> >> explicitly

> >> MWiki

> for
> >> such
> maybe?

> this
> >> discussion.

> >> KG01 -this approach is more effort, but highly scalable as it supports
> the
> >> periodic succession of hosting and research volunteers. +1

> >> Kg01 -Currently doing this, just need more resources to deploy surveys
> and
> >> take action.

> >> KG01 - Graham and Kevin and Graham. See notes above.
> >>

> > Kevin, does limesurvey require some sort of registration by participants?
> >
> > It looks like it does.
> >

> KG02 -Hhmmmm good question. I hope not, lets verify.

It would be great if someone COULD verify the needed logon business.

OK, more questions and an ultimate goal. I have not  kept up with marketing
on any of this, so here goes...

* Does marketing have results of previous surveys actually published
anywhere?

I took a brief look at the Marketing area on the web server just now and
could't find anything. It would be great if we COULD publish this
information someplace, at least for a time -- a year or so. The results
might be valuable for planning purposes.

* Can we put together a survey to find out more about what users are doing
with AOO?

We have BZ for bug reporting but I think it would be nice to actually find
out what folks are doing with AOO -- who they are, what modules they use,
and for what if they care to share that information. My personal interest
is with Base. What are people doing with it.

* Ideally, we should use some survery/mechanism site that does NOT require
a login -- some simple human verification like CAPTCHA is fine. The last
thing we want is to inhibit people from participating.

Thoughts?