2013/3/21 Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>

> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Users report that they install 3.4.1and it crashes quickly after
> > starting.  Reinstall doesn't help.  Currently we point users to a
> > forum post explaining how to rename or remove the profile.  This
> > beyond the skill level of most users.
> >

> oh gee! Well maybe we should have a look at these posts and improve them,
> put them somewhere else -- on the wiki? I wouldn't think removing a profile
> file would beyond the skill level of most users.

It depends: the profile is in a hidden folder and most users are afraid of
changing system settings. In fact, on mac systems hidden folders are really
hidden, and a non experienced user will not know how to open them without a
lot of google search.

A possibility is to add a small app to AOO package that can be launched
independently of AOO, check if AOO is running and close it to then rename
the profile (AFAIK, firefox have something like that)... but of course,
someone needs to build that app.

Regards
Ricardo