I support the 1, 3, 2 prioritization.

With regard to the first item (1) below, Microsoft Office 2013 Access is now
provided with the Office 365 Home Premium subscription and all Office 365
Business subscriptions that include the current (now 2013) Microsoft Office
desktop applications.

With regard to the prioritization, an alternative to (2) is to spin Base out as
a distinct companion application to the Apache OpenOffice distro (thereby
becoming another approach to (2)).  It could still be supportive of ODF Text
and Spreadsheet formats and ODF-supporting applications for report viewing,
etc.  Being more loosely-coupled might be preferable for the kind of
refactoring and technical-debt forgiveness that is apparently called for.  It
would also satisfy preferences for greater-modularity.  It would also simplify
separate development of mobile-scale and cloud-based apps.

- Dennis

PS: I suspect that the Access 2007-2013 .accdb format may be important to
support if one wants to provide any sort of interop parity.  .mdb might be
important as well.

TL;DR:

The page of screen shots that Rob linked in a post about Splashscreens includes
all of the desktop apps that are part of both Office 365 Home Premium and
Office 365 Business subscription versions.  The screen with the initial
templates for creating new Access databases includes both external and desktop
cases for each template style.  (The matching desktop versions are scrolled off
the bottom in the screenshot.)

With Office 365 Small Business Premium, there are two available (cloud)
Sharepoint locations available by default (one personal, one team) for creating
external databases.  Desktop databases can be on shared file systems.  I just
tried that out with the Desktop Issue Tracker creation wizard.  I was able to
create one in my SkyDrive-synchronized desktop directory also.

For the record, also included, beside an allowance for installation on up to 5
devices, are automatically synchronized settings amond the devices and Office
on Demand (a way to install over the internet on another computer temporarily).
 Also included in all of those are Outlook, OneNote, and Publisher.  The Home
Premium includes Skype and SkyDrive bonuses, whereas the Business subscriptions
provide Lync, a cloud Exchange service, and SkyDrive Pro (a cloud Sharepoint
Service).

Visio and Project are still extra.  Business plans have a subscription
supplement that provides server space for sharing team projects.  I don't know
about any Visio subscription supplement.

These simplified, expanded arrangements are apparently a consequence of the
wonderful marginal-cost benefits of an internet-based subscription and
provisioning system for commodity software and services.

There are a variety of student plans with differing features.  Some require
confirmed student standing.