On 3/31/2013 19:47, Donald Mayse wrote:
I recently started a document with 4 columns.  I then tried to have no
columns on subsequent pages.  As far as I can tell, it can't be done
without removing the columns from the first page.  Can you incorporate
some method of easily discontinuing columns in a document?

Hi, Donald,

Columns are a property of page styles and sections. For what you want, simply assign a different page style to your second page: one with only one column. The "Default" style will probably suffice. The new style will propagate to the following pages.

Questions like yours are better directed to our users' mailing list:
<us...@openoffice.apache.org>
or to the forum.

HTH,
/tj/