From: Andrea Pescetti [mailto:pesce...@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2013 09:47
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Cc: Joe Schaefer
Subject: Re: Proposal: Improve security by limiting committer access in SVN

[ ... ]

Committer rights are usually never revoked based on the fact that merit
does not expire. But in this case there was no merit at all: there are
about 10 people at
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenOfficeProposal
that I never heard about. And if nobody ever heard about them, then we
might want to prune the committers list (in another discussion).

But, again, this is a totally different issue than limiting SVN access
to a subset of the committers for (perceived) enhanced security: we
already have good scrutiny and revert capabilities in place.

Regards,
   Andrea.