Hi Rajath,

On 14.04.2013 21:48, Rajath Shashidhara wrote:
Hello ,
I'm new to open-source development. I would like to find out in which part
of the source code text wrapping around the image happens when a new image
is inserted. This would greatly help me resolve this bug(121546) and
personally It would help me in learning how to find the right part of the
source code corresponding to functionalities. I'm sorry for repeatedly
asking for your help. I want to definitely fix this bug. Please help me
with this. Also is there an approach that I need to follow generally to
find out which part of code could correspond to a functionality that I'm
searching? I searched for insert graphic/text wrap and followed a chain of
hyperlinks and was not able to exactly figure out where this whole part of
text wrapping happens. Please help me!!!

[snip]

First, welcome to the project.

Second, no excuse for asking questions. From my point of view this is the way how to learn from others.

Now, I will try to give some help to give you the 'entry point' to fix issue 121546: - The code for the text formatting of text documents in Writer is found in main/sw/source/core/text/. Here you will found some code which looks for objects when formatting a certain text line. - The text formatting is only one part of the whole formatting algorithm in Writer. Further layout/formatting code for text documents in Writer is found in main/sw/source/core/layout - A look at Wiki page [1] will give you some basic idea of the used data structures for the layout and the model of the text document in Writer.

Please feel free to ask further questions.

[1] http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Writer/Core_And_Layout

Best regards, Oliver.