Am 05/09/2013 06:34 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
I wonder if we can make this be more rational?

For example, the About box currently says: "Copyright © 2012 Apache
Software Foundation.
All rights reserved."

That needs to be changed to 2013, right?

If you aren't happy to change this every year, just get the current year from a function like "today()" or similar. Then the first build in 2014 will show the correct year.

It also says, "This product was created by Apache Software Foundation,
based on Apache OpenOffice."

That confuses me.  It probably confuses users as well.  Isn't this
Apache OpenOffice?  Why are we saying "based on Apache OpenOffice" ?
I wonder if we can simply remove that line altogether.

Hm, sounds indeed not really understandable. However, I doubt that the average user gets confused about the text in this most unimportant dialogbox. ;-)

(Also, the Splash Screen makes a similar odd statement: "Build
contributed by member of the Apache OpenOffice community")

Shouldn't it be "members"?

Presumably these phrases came from earlier days when Sun or Oracle was
credited as the "contributor" of the executable.   But I'm not sure
the distinction is important any more.

As open source can be compiled, built and distributed by everyone I would prefer to keep this sentence. Of course it's no real proof that the build comes really from Apache (compared with a hash/checksum) but it's a good indication.

The new License button, however, is very nice, giving quick access to
readme, license and notice.

Marcus