Hi Stuart,

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 01:16:55AM +0000, V Stuart Foote wrote:
Sorry for the cross post, but this rubs on both the QA and Dev sides
of the project.

So, I understand that we are mid-way through, a full regression
testing of the 4.0 branch at Rev 1478648. But has the project actively
stopped the building of dailys,
No, it's just that trunk was broken since Friday.

and have the cognizant developers been asked to stop posting up their
snapshot builds?
No, Developer Snapshots are built weekly, last one is based on revision
1479864/ rev. 1479897 (this last one is the revision from the snapshot
tag).

If so, fine but would help to know that as it does impact testing of
patches for those of us not rolling our own builds.

Or is it just an unfortunate confluence of events between the build
bots and the hand posted work for our outstanding AOO developers?

In any case the BuildBot site is a mess
true - true
I've been focused on other things and have not had time to watch over this. What is still alive is now back on track.
(  http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/ ) with even the Linux
64-bit now failing.  And since the  Development Snapshot Builds - full
installation sets
(
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOOSnapshotfullsets)
are not labeled with the SVN revision
This is a bug (at least on the Linux builds), thanks for reporting it
(CentOS subversion is 1.6 and I checked the snapshot with 1.7 on other
system, so svn info fails).
Linux64 had a bug that got fixed, and it is now building.
The Windows bots all had hung processes (building apr) with I've cleaned up. and are building now. Linux32 bots are waiting on infra to recreate the linux32 - we've asked them to create a CentOS 5 32bit bot (say that 5 times fast) Once we have that, we should be able to produce the correct set of bits for linux platform.
As this is non-standard, it is waiting in the infra JIRA queue.
We are also waiting on Mac and FBSD bots. (before the cry is raised to loud, let's please remember that we have the ability to suck up rather large amounts of bandwidth and disk space, so we have to be mindful of not overwhelming the resources that exist - that said, it would be nice to get these resources for the project)

it is frustrating to download
and end-up not having  a current build to test latest patches.
IMHO it is better to use the Developer Snapshots, and if a developer
tells you that s/he has fixed the bug in trunk, wait for the next
developer snapshot to confirm. Of course, you are free to download
a nightly build, but as you've seen they are not always available.
I think it would be best if we had buildbot builds that we trust. We have snapshot builds now, and if they do not build the right thing, we should fix them, not discount them.

A.

Regards