On 23/05/2013 Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
Today I have spent several hours improving my tool and decided to
release an alpha version just for people to feel how it works.

I've managed to open the Italian thesaurus from
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/dict-it
and, while the import mostly worked:
- something went wrong on some words (if you try, look around "calamita")
- character encoding is not respected (this might also be a font problem)
- import is really slow, it took extremely long (30+ minutes) to open the thesaurus so I couldn't actually try editing entries.

On later releases I want to edit the speller and hyphenation.

I'm not sure that this is a good approach to edit the spell checker entries. At least, make sure you properly use the .aff rules (well, I've already sent you the relevant links for this and other).

Regards,
  Andrea.