On 5/27/13 9:09 PM, Rajath Shashidhara wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Thank you for placing confidence in my skills.
> I'll make sure that I'll put my 100% effort in bonding with the community
> and completing my project.
> I'll definitely utilize this opportunity very well.
>
> THANK YOU.

Hi Rajath,

congratulation and welcome on board. I have created an initial (more or
less empty) wiki page [1] that we will use to document the project.
Please insert this page to provide as much as possible information and
documentation. I let the structure up to you because it is mainly your
project.

For any source code you produce during the project you can either use
your own Google code project and we integrate the final extension in our
repo later or you can use our svn directly and we will find a place.

Important is that you sign an iCLA [2] and send it back to Apache and
that you contribute the code to Apache OpenOffice.

As we already discussed on IRC, useful next steps are

1. get more familiar with the Chemistry API
1.1 upload an odt document
1.2 retrieve the odt from the CMIS store and open it later with
OpenOffice manually -> check if the file is valid
1.3 setup a local Chemistry test server
1.4 play around with the file properties to browser via directories and
get the file and directory info without loading the files

2. start learning office API and UCO internals (DevGuide)
2.1 get familiar with Ariels skeleton code as basis for your own work

Regards
Juergen

[1] http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Summer_of_Code_2013/CMIS_UCP
[2] http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt