On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 5:50 AM, Yuzhen Fan <fanyuz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We continue doing the AOO 4.0 Full Regression test this week, here is the
> weekly update (5/28 - 5/31), please find more detail statistics in wiki:
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/Report/WeeklyReport/20130531
>
> *Test execution: *
> We have assigned 1732 text executions to about 20 volunteers(4 more this
> week), and completed about 43% in execution so far. 35% Mac test executions
> have been done compared 0% last week! The target is to %100 attempted 1000
> test executions (741 so far) before June 6 providing all volunteers
> complete their assignments before that date.
>
> *Defect summary:*
> 1. 30 defects were opened and 19 defects were resolved this week, so we
> have 11 (30-19) net new defects added in the backlog
> 2. Expose 2 Mac specific defects during quick testing on Mac 10.8 with
> 64-bit Java, Bug 122418 (fail to display color bar in color dropdown list)
> need to set priority as it frustrates user to select color visibly
>
> *Issues & quality highlight:*
> 1. Encourage volunteers to continue executing test cases in TestLink to
> achieve their assignment
> 2. Redhat is with risk as less testing done on them - inform/remind Linux
> test team assignees make progress on this platform
> 3. Do general use testing on Mac for assessment - no crash/hung/data
> lose/open file fail issues, but 2 Mac specific defects discovered, need set
> priority for the first one
> (1) Bug 122418 -[Mac]Fail to show color or display incorrectly in Color
> Dropdown Menu --- Special on Mac
> (2) Bug 122420 -Can't Copy and Paste Hyperlink on Mac --- Special on Mac
> (3) Bug 122419 -The Second Slide can't apply footer/page number when select
> "Don't show first slide" option -- Both on Mac and Win7
> (4) Bug 122421 -Shape remain group when change from ungroup to group until
> double click shape -- Both on Mac and Win7
> 4. Critical defects are waiting for fix - need more Dev volunteers to
> involve
> 5. QAs are reminded to make sure to perform all test cases with navigation
> and accelerators, and make sure to specify defect numbers in Testlink for
> failed test executions
> *
> Volunteer status: *
> 1. We have 4 more volunteers joining test executions, all are for Mac
> 2. No new volunteers(total 6 so far) on defect work, need more to clean
> backlog of unconfirmed and resolved defects
> *
> Plan for next week:*
> 1. Prioritize critical defects and assign them to Dev volunteers
> 2. Confirm left ~100 critical defects which are not confirmed yet
> 3. Achieve the target (June 6) to complete 1000 test executions in AOO 4.0
> Full Regression test with the support from volunteers
>
> Thanks you all for effort this week, it is a great community here, if we do
> a little bit more then we will get an awesome achievement. Thanks!!

> [...]

Checking on the "Need to Confirm" entries, You might note that many of
these items are not actually "bug" reports but ideas or wish lists items. I
produced a similar report but eliminated anything that was "not a FEATURE"
or "not an ENHANCEMENT" and got a smaller number. Still 2834 but some
improvement in case anyone is interested.

here's a link to the query:

https://issues.apache.org/ooo/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=dorem&remaction=run&namedcmd=UNCONF_not_new&sharer_id=7

MzK

"You can't believe one thing and do another.
 What you believe and what you do are the same thing."
                             -- Leonard Peltier