On 03/06/2013 Rob Weir wrote:
I think the concern is this:
1) We want SSL for 4.0.http://update.openoffice.org  is not HTTPS.
2) The URL https://ooo-site.openoffice.apache.org  supports SSL, but is
not considered "long term stable".  The URL is an artifact of the CMS
3) We're looking for a stable URL.  One could be
https://updates.openoffice.org, but that requires an SSL cert for
*.openoffice.org.  But will that be supported in time for the AOO 4.0
release?
4) Backup plan is updates.openoffice.apache.org, which could be
supported via SSL today, using the *.apache.org cert.  If we do that
we'd want to map that to its own CMS dir in SVN. so it can be updated
and published via the CMS.

This is mostly correct, except the fact (in #2 and #4) that the current certificates only support x.apache.org and not x.y.apache.org: so https://ooo-site.apache.org is what is in the sources right now (well, the last time I checked) and https://openoffice-updates.apache.org (or something like that) should be used for the backup plan in #4.

Regards,
  Andrea.