On Sat, 8 Jun 2013 16:42:04 +0800
Y Chan <teresacha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When using openoffice writer to write thesis, I find the footnotes often
> disrupted when converted into doc. Say, the lines are shifted and there are
> redundant numbering bullets. It is hard to avoid converting into doc.
> because I don't have a printer, and all the computers at school dont have
> openoffice.
>
> Looking forward to improvements :)
>
> Cheers,
> Yuk

There is no immediate fix for this.  It is best to use the defined styles for
footnotes, the styles modified if necessary to suit your need, rather than to
individually (directly) format each footnote to suit your requirements.

You can use a portable version of OpenOffice which will run off a USB key.  I'm
sorry, I haven't an up-to-date link for this version.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>