On 01/06/2013 Rob Weir wrote:
Crazy idea. What if we just made a sub domain for each release?  Or
equivalently a path under  ooo-site.  Then we could have hard-coded
standard paths in the code and other systems like:
www.openoffice.org/release/<version>/README
Could also do LICENSE, release notes, even the update notification XML files

Sounds like a very good idea. I'm not sure we will be able to implement it in time for OpenOffice 4 (translations get in the way), but it could be setup with some basic information already for version 4 (and, if the hard-coded URLs in version 4 are different and cannot be changed at this stage, we could redirect them appropriately).

Regards,
  Andrea.