Thanks very much.

I'm afraid I don't want to use .odt.

I will look for the Help guide. I never found it from OO window HELP menu; in fact, almost never found anything useful there.

I'm afraid my tolerance for reading about yet another application's unique world-view and unique user-interface metaphor is low. By contrast, my appreciation for intuitive programs with Excellent help files is high.

As a former programmer, my feeling is that the user should not need Help files, as the program should be self-explanatory; but that Help files should be well-designed and -written in case they are needed. I recognize that this is not the case with most programs.

My idea about a word processor is that it should be transparent. Word-Perfect was, and I thought so at the time, too. Various others I tried occasionally were not. WORD was very much not. OO is not only not transparent, it's grossly ill-behaved, as I described. Still, I will try what's suggested.

Regards,

jb

www.JamesBoyk.com "Boyk on Piano" blog
www.PerformanceRecordings.com