On 08.07.2013 09:30, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
On 7/8/13 3:42 AM, Kevin Grignon wrote:
I think we should explore the icons with and without the gulls.

Let's see what the feasible options look like before we drive towards a single
solution.

I agree.  This is something that should not be rushed.

in general I would agree but I see already a tendency to icons with
gulls, one or two. We should focus on this.

And if we want to introduce these icons in 4.0 we don't have time at all
for weeks of further exploration. The deadline was already July 1th.

Then I would like to propose to move the integration of the new icons to 4.1. That gives us enough time to select the best icon proposal, make the necessary changes, and integrate them into AOO. All this takes time and should not be done under time pressure

I personally like Kevin's icons a bit better. Cleaner and simpler. But Samer's icons are also nice. Maybe we can get a mix of both?

Some observations:

Kevin's icon for Calc (the green one) and Samer's icon for master documents (or templates?, the blue one on the top left) look like older MS windows icons to me.

Samer's icon for Math: I would prefer an upright (not oblique or cursive). The oblique (cursive) variant looks somehow a little strange to me. See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summation

Regards,
Andre

But if we can agree on new icons until Wednesday and are able to provide
a svg for each we can try to integrate them in time. But it's of course
tiny.

Feedback to the icons
I like them but would remove the black border or at least convert it to
a grey one, a more soft one. And in case of templates I would do the
same and would remove the black line between the colored bar on top and
the content part below.

Juergen

Kevin