Hi,

Kay Schenk schrieb:
On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 11:54 PM, Herbert Duerr <h...@apache.org> wrote:

On 08.07.2013 00:22, Kay Schenk wrote:

What I want to know is how can I see what was produced when the
  ext_source
actually got brought in to the build. Should the packs show up somewhere
in
the "solver" tree when they're actually downloaded and built or setup?
Like
some staging area for them? Or, let me know if this question just isn't
making any sense.

The external sources are unpacked and patched in the project's own output
directory. E.g. external hyphen source is processed in
   main/hyphen/${INPATH}/misc/**build/hyphen-2.7.1/
with ${INPATH} being system dependent, e.g. wntmsci12.pro on Windows.

Herbert

OK, thanks. This helps quite a bit. My assessment at this point is that
hsqldb did not get built at all and thus the error. I have an updated "ant"
and different jre since the last time I did this, so I will investigate
further.

I have trouble with hsqldb too. I tried to build current master and get this error
patching file hsqldb/readme.txt
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file hsqldb/readme.txt.rej

And a lot of other failed patching following.

It is a clean build, starting with rebase and newly ./bootstrap. I use MSVC 2008 express on Windows 7.

Kind regards
Regina