From: Herbert Duerr [mailto:h...@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2013 12:21 AM
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Cc: Steele, Raymond
Subject: Re: EXTERNAL: Re: OpenOffice 3.3 and Java 7

On 06.07.2013 17:12, Steele, Raymond wrote:
> Thank you for the reply. What shall I do about 3.3 not being supported?
> There is not a OpenOffice 3.4 available for Solaris 10 x86 under the ASF.

As you know our friends at Adfinis Sygroup provided a Solaris-X86 build of AOO
3.4.0
   https://adfinis-sygroup.ch/aoo-solaris-x86

It is not an official ASF build, but it is based on the official sources, their
developers contributed AFAIK all their changes back to the Apache OpenOffice
project and were trusted with committer status in the project.

IIRC from an ASF perspective the only relevant part of the release is the
source code. If the code compiles and works on solaris-x86 it could already be
considered part of the release. Binaries are provided only for practical reason
of end-users. Unless binaries are built on the official sources and tested by
third parties they cannot be endorsed by the project, of course.

For solaris-x86 being part of the official release not too much is missing
IMHO: regular milestone builds, testing by the solaris-x86 community and more
participation in the release process.

Herbert