Hi Raymond,

On 08.07.2013 21:31, Steele, Raymond wrote:
Thanks for the response. I've been informed by Nicolas Christoper of Adfinis
Sygroup that the Solaris x86 port was not completed, but could be completed at
cost. I am not sure where my organization will go from here. We've been using
the OpenOffice API to meet some of our customer requirements and would like to
stick with OpenOffice to prevent any re-engineering for another office suite.
However, as I said, the Java 7 directive is now forcing our hand in one
direction.  In an attempt to prevent any additional cost to our project, it may
be in our best interest to port  OpenOffice to Solaris x86 ourselves, but we
are considering our options. Advice?

One option is to work with the Adfinis guys, the other option is to finish the port yourself by building and testing it on the target platform.

A nice start into this topic is available [1], especially its "how to create your own port" paragraph. In this case things should be easy as the Solaris port used to be maintained and related Unix ports were always progressing nicely. Don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions.

[1] http://www.openoffice.org/porting/

Herbert