On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

>> > Does this mean we'll move English  Release Notes to web as always?
>> >

>> Personally, I think that is a pain in the ass to convert the wiki
>> Release Notes to HTML.  Remember, our goal has been to make the
>> Release Notes nicer, with more graphics, etc.  So this is going to
>> make conversion more difficult.  But if someone really wants to do
>> that, then I have no objections.
>>
>> -Rob
>>

> Given our past thread on this, I didn't know what the "decision" was.

My takeaway was there were concerns with having uncontrolled changes
to the Release Notes.   But if we like the wiki as a technology there
are ways of handling this.  For example, we could link to a specific
revision of the wiki page from the download page.  That allows us to
be constant by default, but preserves flexibility to update it later
if needed.

-Rob