On 7/28/2013 3:52 AM, sebb wrote:
On 27 July 2013 20:48, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.m...@wtnet.de> wrote:
Am 07/27/2013 08:10 PM, schrieb Maritta Coppieters:

Hi, trying to download open office 4.0.0, can't get it to install.  It
looks like the md5 checksum doesn't match, any known issues?

I'm on a Toshiba Satellite L855D 64 bit, running Windows 7, downloading
with Firefox 22.  Download file is
Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.0_Win_x86_install_en-US, 27,601KB.

The download seems to be incomplete because it has to be ~143.4 MB. So, your
file size is not correct.

I've seen this before with FIrefox - the download appears to have
completed successfully but is in fact incomplete. No error is
reported.

That seems to be a genera 'feature' of Firefox. I haven't got the most stable connection hence download breaks sometimes and Firefox never threw any error.

Peter

Make sure you download from the official website:

http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html

And you should compare the MD5 checksum of the downloaded file with the hash
value from this file:

http://www.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.0_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe.md5

If needed, here is a howto description for using checksums:

http://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums/3.4.1_checksums.html#howto

I hope this will help you.

Marcus