Hello Ron,

my guess is that when installing OpenOffice you accidentially chose to open all MS-Office files with OpenOffice. Please click right on any word file (in the explorer), go to "open with" and chose "standard app" or "standard program" (I'm not entirely sure what it's called in the English version of Windows, using the German one.) Then you can chose Word to open all Word files. I hope that helps to solve your problem. ;) If it doesn't work just ask again!

Max