Fernando Cassia wrote:
I clicked on the AOO launcher and got this:
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5526/9owy.jpg
I actually expected this (full screen).
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8707/qsna.jpg ...
in the case of the main
"OpenOffice" app launcher, not running it full screen is UGLY. Notice
the AOO logo cut in the screenshot.

Full screen is a matter of taste, as already discussed on this list. But of course the start centre should not be cut.

Andre pushed some last-minute changes to 4.0 to get a better display on big (>1024x768) screens, and it looked quite OK.

Is your screen resolution really 800x500? In that case you are running OpenOffice below the system requirements of 1024x768 http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo40.html but, I would also add, you are running it at a very unusual screen resolution...

Regards,
  Andrea.