On 09 Sep 2013 11:22 GMT
"Wolfgang Gerster" <wolfgers...@t-online.de> wrote:

> Hello Rory,
>
> this URL http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html works
> beautifully, but lands me at the same junction (part screenshot
> attached) I do not know how to navigate further. It seems to me I am
> supposed to pick numbers of various items for integration into my future
> OO version, but then I am nonplussed by yet more pages of suggestions.
> Can't we have it all in one lot? Or rather: can't the OO 4.0-version
> pick its way along the 3.4 version already installed? Maybe the download
> manager could ask or suggest additional facilities as it went along. By
> the way, I am still on windows XP and do not yet know what I am going to
> do about Window's cutting the line.
>
> Thanks for your help forthcoming.
>
> Yours,
> Wolfgang Gerster.
>

> > Dear Developers,
> >
> > My computer tells me OO 4.0 is ready for downloading. Which I understand
> > as updating the latest 3.xx version I have on my computer. Your
> > homepage, however, directs me to two download options which I cannot
> > find any use for (others may, though). Maybe I am a bit too backward to
> > understand geek directions (even in my native German), and I am not into
> > twitter, facebook and the like as I find mailing quite strenuous enough.
> > So what is a person supposed to do?
> >
> > Yours,
> > Wolfgang Gerster.
> >
> > --
> > Bitte denken Sie an unsere Umwelt, bevor Sie diese E-Mail drucken.
> > Wolfgang Gerster
> > Kirschenhohl 5
> > D-35619 Braunfels
> > T/F *49(0)6442-5262
> > eMail wolfgers...@t-online.de
> > www.villaampark.de.vu
> > Meine Suchmaschine ist www.ecosia.de
> >
> There is a problem in downloading using certain browsers, which problem
> is in course for being fixed. Try this URL for direct access to the
> download page
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html
>
> --
> Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>

I doubt you have pasted the URL correctly into your browser, as it must take
you to a completely different page than that you have illustrated.

A direct download for a German version of OpenOffice 4.0, running on Windows,
is at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.0.0/binaries/de/Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.0_Win_x86_install_de.exe/download

(all on one line, please)

--