When we get a misdirected email sent to the dev list with a subject
reporting a website error, it is coming from a user who is reading
http://www.openoffice.org/contact_us.html.

We've been doing some fine tuning of the language on that page to try
to make it more clear to the user that they should use the forum or
the user list for product questions.   But it is not clear this is
working.

So I took a look at the data from the last 30 days, via Google
Analytics.  Some interesting and unexpected findings.

First, what was the page the user was visiting before they went to the
contact page?

28% of the time they were on /support/index.html page
26% of the time they were on /index.html
14% of the time they were on /download/index.html
4% of the time they were on /product/index.html

So the highest ranking page is the support page, the one that should
have helped the user in the first place.   The user would scroll
through that entire list, and then find the contact link at the bottom
of the page, read that and ignore all the support options described
before they send an email to the dev list.

We might want to revisit the support page to see if that can be clarified.

-Rob