On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 8:21 AM, janI <j...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 16 September 2013 14:07, Siva <s...@talentinfotech.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hope I could do this job but have a little expertise with moderation.
>> Probably Listing down what are the jobs to do would be good.

>> > The proposal has been out for 8 days now. Mostly +1's, though there
>> > was the suggestion that we wait until there is an organized
>> > admin-team. But then I pointed out that this is not only for
>> > sysadmins, but admins of other systems like Bugzilla, mailing list
>> > admins, as well as being the list for incoming reports from the
>> > public. My impression was that satisfied any concerns.
>

>> > To move this forward now I will need some list moderator volunteers
>> > for the new list. If you can help moderate, please respond with your
>> > preferred moderator email address.
>> >
>> > Note: I'd like us to keep the admin on-topic. So if moderators
>> > receive emails asking product support questions, I'd expect them to be
>> > rejected, with a note pointing the user to the forums and/or the user
>> > mailing list.
>

> I was one that had a bit of concern, my major concern was the fact that the
> list would be archived and have quite a number of people (I think there are
> some 30+ people with admin rights on mwiki).
>
> may I suggest that all issues that can be remotely viewed as security
> relevant:
> - All kind of upgrades
> - All kind of changes login handling (spam filters)
> - All spam discussions
>
> are NOT to be discussed on this list. Discussing these items would be a red
> carpet for those who want to exploit our servers.

If it makes more sense to have this be a private list, open only to
admins, PMC members, Infra and other Apache Members, then I'm OK with
that.  That would ensure a greater degree of security.  But it would
require discipline of another kind, i.e., that we don't use it for
general discussions that should be done on the dev list.

-Rob