On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 18:20:30 +0100
Matt Coles <mfrco...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I keep getting a dialog box that tells me to exit OpenOffice.org 3.3 and
> OpenOffice.org 3.3 Quickstarter. But I have searched my entire computer and
> I don't even have those files on the computer, so I can't have them open.
> But the installer won't let me finish unless I exit them. What do I do?
>
> I have included a picture of the dialog box.
>
> Thank you.
> -Matt

The list does not accept attachments, so I'm answering this from knowledge of
usual problems that give your symptoms.

Start TaskManager (Ctrl Shift Esc). As far as I remember there is a checkbox on
 the window (at bottom) which says "show processes for all users"(words to that
effect). Make sure this is checked and then kill any soffice processes shown on
TM's Processes tab. Now, without rebooting, install OpenOffice.

It is possible that the Quickstarter was enabled by the Administrator or
installer of your system; the above method should cure the problem

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>