Rob Weir wrote:
On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
<orwittm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hi,

our vote for releasing AOO401rc3 as AOO 4.0.1 went well and we are about to
release this version.

Hereby I request everybody to have a look at the current draft release notes
for AOO 4.0.1 [1] in order to complete and 'tuned' them.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0.1+Release+Notes

I took an editing pass at the release notes, with many small changes.  Mainly:

1) Make 3rd party references correct, like "Microsoft Windows, or "Mac
OS X" or "Apple iWork"

2) Cleaned up the list of fixed issues.  Some of the descriptions
didn't make sense and would be hard to translate. Better to have
something simple and accurate.  We could link to the relevant BZ issue
of we wanted.

3) Small language corrections.

One thing I did not understand was the section that said "The QE team
has been tracking additional fixes as well. See their complete reports
at:"   Is that really useful for users?   If there are other fixes
shouldn't they already be in the Bugzilla query we link to?   I'd
recommend taking this section out of the Release Notes unless it is
adding something new.
That was a section added to the 3.4 release notes which I carried over into the template that I created from those. It appears that the QE folks are no longer using that wiki for the weekly reports and I planned to take it out of the 4.0.1 Release Notes as well as the template this evening .

Keith

Best regards, Oliver.

P.S.: Personally, I am currently not sure about mentioning in the release
notes that the performance of the saving .xls files had been improved.

Is the claim (230% improvement) accurate?  If so we should state it.
But maybe list it as a bug fix?

Regards,

-Rob